Interlibrary Loan or Purchase Request Form
|Use this form to request a specific book, CD, DVD, etc. that TRL
does not own.
If you do not need a
specific article but need information about a subject, please use
Ask A Librarian Email Reference
|Request only ONE title per form.
|To avoid delays, always check the
Library catalog to
see the Library already owns the item.
|TRL may be able to request an item from another library on
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) for TRL patrons (library card is required).
Items published within the past year cannot be requested through
ILL, but will be forwarded to the Selections Department for purchase
information about Interlibrary Loan service.)
|Requests may take 4-6 weeks depending on availability.
|For immediate assistance, talk to staff in your local library.
- Purchase Requests
- TRL does not accept Purchase Requests for items
that are not yet published.
- TRL patrons are limited to 5 Purchase Requests
- Purchase request for downloadable audiobooks & ebooks must be submitted using overdrive's "Additional titles to recommend" feature.
- ILL Requests
- TRL will pass through to patrons any fees that
other library systems charge to fill TRL ILL
requests. Most ILL transactions do not have a fee.
You are required to state how much you will pay to
obtain an item through ILL. (More info about
- TRL patrons are limited to 5 active ILL Requests
at a time.
- TRL does not request the same item for the same
patron within a six month period.
- TRL does not accept or process ILL Requests from
patrons who currently have overdue ILL materials on
- ILLs cannot be renewed.
- Important note about ILL cancellations
- If you need to cancel an ILL request, you must contact
Ask A Librarian or
call your local
library. ILL requests
cannot be suspended. Do not try to cancel or suspend an ILL request
in your Hold Request List in the Library Catalog.